I have one son who's loves chicken so much that he would eat it at every meal if possible. To tempt him away from chicken nuggets, I concocted this lasagna using chicken.—Dedra Thrash, Fyffe, Alabama
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, and half of the ricotta mixture and chicken. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Chicken Lasagna in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2013
"This was very tasty, and guests loved it. I would definitely add more tomatoes on the top, and also add spinach. I think that would take it up another level."