- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, and half of the ricotta mixture and chicken. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Lasagna
Sort By :
This was very tasty, and guests loved it. I would definitely add more tomatoes on the top, and also add spinach. I think that would take it up another level.