Parmesan Chicken Fingers Recipe
Buttermilk is a key ingredient in both the zesty marinade and creamy dipping sauce for this finger-lickin’ family favorite. Thanks to our Test Kitchen for one fast-fixing, crowd-pleasing recipe any mom would love! Serve a green salad with the chicken and use leftover buttermilk dipping sauce as a dressing.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup buttermilk and pepper sauce; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder and remaining buttermilk until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. In another resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Drain and discard marinade. Add chicken to crumb mixture; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 4. Place chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
4 each equals 334 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC