- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) Parmesan couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook walnuts over medium heat in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the spinach, chicken, water, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in walnuts and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Couscous
Sort By :
I made this recipe as is and my husband and toddler LOVED IT! I will definitely be making this again soon.
any suggestions if I want to substitute regular couscous to avoid sodium? what's in the packaged parmesan couscous that I could add in
I used chicken stock in place of water and put the chicken in raw. It was thinly cut so cooked though following the above steps.. Great easy dinner
Easy and yummy!
Just made this last night and it was very easy to make. Only thing I omitted was the walnuts (due to nut allergy) but entire family loved it. They gave it 4 1/2 and 5 stars. Will make again!!