Parmesan Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Breasts
"Very good and easy to make"
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! My 11 year old who has suddenly discovered he "hates" chicken, absolutely loved this dish! Will be using this recipe again!!"
"It was good but the crust came off of most of it...not sure if it was what I did or the recipe"
"This was very simple to make. I had all of the ingredients on hand, which was nice."
"Panko Italian bread crumbs made this recipe amazing :)"
"Excellent recipe. Easy, quick and delicious."
"I love when a recipe is good and easy as well. Crunchy outside, moist inside. I used what was on my shelf which was Panko style bread crumbs I seasoned with salt & pepper. I had to use more oil than called for, 2 Tbsp wouldn't coat bottom of my skillet. One tip: while browning each side, just leave it alone. It will release from pan when browned and you'll end up with a nice crust."
"this is our favorite chicken parm recipe. so easy and delicious, the first time i made it we knew it was a keeper!"
"I have made this many times and my family absolutely loves it."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.