- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
"Very good and easy to make"
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! My 11 year old who has suddenly discovered he "hates" chicken, absolutely loved this dish! Will be using this recipe again!!"
"Have made this ever since it was published in QC. I usually smush the egg and water together in a gallon ziplok bag and place chicken tenders in the bag to coat. Most of the time I use equal amounts of bread crumbs and Parmesan. Delicious, a real hit with my kids."
"This was a wonderful meal!!! My children all loved it. The chicken was moist, full of flavor, & the crust stayed on great! Even IThough it was cooked in a skillet, you could cut it with a fork as if it had been in a slow cooker all day. This is a keeper!"
"It was good but the crust came off of most of it...not sure if it was what I did or the recipe"