"People can't believe it when I tell them how little time it takes to fix this delicious chicken," reports Mollie Hall of San Ramon, California. "It's very moist inside and so pretty to serve with its lovely basil-flecked coating."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p11
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review