Parmesan Cheese Straws
These rich and buttery breadsticks are a fun change from regular dinner rolls and are fairly easy to make. They're great alongside salads and soups.
Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and Parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and cayenne; mix well. Divide dough in half. On
- a lightly floured surface; roll each portion into an 18-in. x 3-in.
- rectangle. Cut into 3-in. x 1/2-in. strips.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; brush with milk. Bake at
- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 43 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.