Parmesan Cheese Straws Recipe
These rich and buttery breadsticks are a fun change from regular dinner rolls and are fairly easy to make. They're great alongside salads and soups. Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Add the flour, salt and cayenne; mix well. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface; roll each portion into an 18-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. x 1/2-in. strips.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; brush with milk. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Cheese Straws in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p202
Reviews for Parmesan Cheese Straws(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
This recipe is wonderful and easy to make. I substituted 1/4 tsp italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp onion powder for the cayenne pepper. They were delicious!