This moist baked fish has a slightly crunchy coating with a mild Parmesan flavor. "Even my kids love this delicious, easy-to-fix recipe," writes Lettie Simon of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, paprika, salt and pepper; set aside. In another shallow dish, beat egg white and milk. Dip fillets in milk mixture, then in flour mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Catfish in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review