Parmesan Butterhorns Recipe
Our youngest daughter, Stephanie, has won several awards with this recipe. These buttery rolls with subtle Parmesan flavor are wonderful served warm or at room temperature.
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resemble fine crumbs. Dissolve yeast in warm milk; stir into flour mixture with egg. Beat until smooth. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- 3. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place with pointed end down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 109 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Parmesan Butterhorns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC