Parmesan Butterhorns Recipe
Our youngest daughter, Stephanie, has won several awards with this recipe. These buttery rolls with subtle Parmesan flavor are wonderful served warm or at room temperature.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 10 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resemble fine crumbs. Dissolve yeast in warm milk; stir into flour mixture with egg. Beat until smooth. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- 3. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place with pointed end down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC