Parmesan Buttered Rice
Parmesan Buttered Rice is recommended by Rose Marie Dama of Waco, Texas. "The flavorful and simple topping gives rice a tasty twist we enjoy," Rose Marie assures.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in rice. Reduce heat
- to low; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in
- a skillet over medium heat, melt butter until browned. Place rice in
- a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Pour butter over
- rice; cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 296 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.