Parmesan Butter Dips
I always get compliments when I serve these breadsticks with homemade soup. They're quick and easy to make, even for folks who've never tried their hand at baking homemade bread.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in milk just
- until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 18 pieces.
- Roll each into a 5-in. rope.
- Pour butter into a shallow pan. Dip ropes in butter. Place 2 in.
- apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake
- at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.