- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Arrange fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread cheese mixture over fish.
- Broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork, rotating pan halfway for more even browning. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan-Broiled Tilapia
"This was really really good, but there was so much butter in it that I had an upset stomach for hours afterward. I think I might try to lower the butter somehow. I only made 1 large filet, but only cut the topping in half and that was the right amount. Because it was a thicker, larger filet, it took longer to cook, somewhere around 8 minutes. We will make this again, but I'll try to figure out a way to lower the butter."
"Quick, easy and tasty. Perfect for a weeknight meal."
"We did not add the basel or celery salt because we were out but added garlic and paprika and then baked it to 145*because the fish was frozen. It turned out fantastic"
"great recipe. I would add a little salt and lengthen the cook time. I sprinkled fresh parsley on before serving."
"quick, easy & delicious!"