Parmesan Breadsticks Recipe
"These soft breadsticks are so easy to make and have wonderful homemade flavor," maintains Marlene Muckenhirn, field editor from Delano, Minnesota. "We enjoy them warm from the oven dipped in pizza sauce."
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Warm Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce, optional
- 1. Combine cheese and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl; set aside. Divide dough into 32 sections; roll each into a 5-in. rope. Twist two pieces together. Moisten ends with water and pinch to seal. Dip in butter, then in cheese mixture.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 breadstick equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC