"These soft breadsticks are so easy to make and have wonderful homemade flavor," maintains Marlene Muckenhirn, field editor from Delano, Minnesota. "We enjoy them warm from the oven dipped in pizza sauce."
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Warm pizza sauce, optional
- Combine cheese and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl; set aside. Divide dough into 32 sections; roll each into a 5-in. rope. Twist two pieces together. Moisten ends with water and pinch to seal. Dip in butter, then in cheese mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Breadsticks in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p64
Reviews for Parmesan Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2012
"I have made these several times, both where I worked as a group project and at home. Great recipe, delicious and easy to manage for less experienced cooks and kids."