Parmesan Breadsticks Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Parmesan Breadsticks(6)
Sort By :
I can't imagine giving this recipe any less than 5 stars. I will no longer search for a breadstick recipe again! My family was eating them as they came from the oven. My husband is the pickiest of all eaters. He ate 4 of them before dinner and raved about them all evening. They were extremely light, fluffy, and delicious. I served them with minestone soup.
very good breadsticks
This way an easy to follow recipe, and smelled delicious baking. My family loved the breadsticks so much, it all disapeared in one meal!
These were so good! I even madrone batch to say "I ? u" for my hubby. They were insanely great for me. I used oregano, parmesan and garlic powder for the bread topping. So good! It was a little bit dry, like it needed marinara sauce but I'm not picky :)
these are iwthout a doubt, my favorite recipe for breadsticks. I usually have to double this recipe (thats 72 breadsticks) because my family eats them so fast.