Parmesan Basil Biscuits Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, basil, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in buttermilk and oil just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead three times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 biscuit equals 129 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Parmesan Basil Biscuits
"These biscuits are delicious! They were part of our comfort food Sunday dinner, and I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. Perfect with a touch of butter :)"
"Just pulled these out of the oven and took a bite. They are delicious! I used fresh basil from the garden and left out the salt because I used a salty Parmesan."
"Wow, these are excellent! I substituted fat-free yogurt for the buttermilk and had to add a bit of skim milk to get the right consistency."