Parmesan Basil Biscuits
Rise to the occasion and serve these light flavorful biscuits the next time you invite guests to dinner. The olive oil, Parmesan cheese and basil make the golden gems so tasty, they don't even need butter! The recipe comes from our Test Kitchen.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, basil, baking powder,
- baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in buttermilk and oil just until
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead three times. Roll
- dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit
- cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 129 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium,