Rise to the occasion and serve these light flavorful biscuits the next time you invite guests to dinner. The olive oil, Parmesan cheese and basil make the golden gems so tasty, they don't even need butter! The recipe comes from our Test Kitchen.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, basil, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in buttermilk and oil just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead three times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Basil Biscuits in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p33
Reviews for Parmesan Basil Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review