Parmesan Baked Tomatoes
The flavorful and simple butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley topping gives plain rice a tasty twist the whole family enjoys.—Joy Beck, Cinncinnati, Ohio
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place tomatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the bread
- crumbs, Italian seasoning and salt; sprinkle over tomatoes. Top with
- cheese; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.