VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place tomatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and salt; sprinkle over tomatoes. Top with cheese; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Baked Tomatoes in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p10