Parmesan Baked Cod
You’ll need just five ingredients for this goof-proof way to keep oven-baked fish moist. “My mom is one of the best cooks in the world, and she shared this recipe with me,” writes Mary Hoppe of Pewaukee, Wisconsin. “It’s a favorite.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place fillets in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese,
- onions and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat Parmesan cheese) equals 247 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.