- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the baking mix, cheese, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Drizzle butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Baked Chicken
"This is a huge hit for my family! chicken comes out moist and tender and the best part is that I have all the ingredients in my pantry!"
"This chicken was delicious...tasty, moist and crispy!"
"I made this with boneless, skinless thighs because that's what I had. Wish I hadn't. This recipe is meant for skin on chicken, that's for sure. I'll make this again, but with a fryer!"
"Very good... would make again."
"I just made this recipe for supper and it was great! Since it's just two of us, I used one large skinless, boneless chicken breast and made 1/4 of the recipe. I also used the Heart healthy Bisquick. Instead of using melted butter, I sprayed the pan with Pam and a little butter spray. Hubby and I both thought it was very good, and I will definitely make this again!"
"This was excellent!! My kids put a little of Alfredo sauce from a jar on it. With that, it was as good as a dish from Olive Garden!"
"Moist and so yummy. This is about my 5 time making this in the past 3 months. Do away with Shake and bake."