- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the baking mix, cheese, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Drizzle butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Baked Chicken
"This is a huge hit for my family! chicken comes out moist and tender and the best part is that I have all the ingredients in my pantry!"
"This chicken was delicious...tasty, moist and crispy!"
"I made this with boneless, skinless thighs because that's what I had. Wish I hadn't. This recipe is meant for skin on chicken, that's for sure. I'll make this again, but with a fryer!"
"Very good... would make again."
"I just made this recipe for supper and it was great! Since it's just two of us, I used one large skinless, boneless chicken breast and made 1/4 of the recipe. I also used the Heart healthy Bisquick. Instead of using melted butter, I sprayed the pan with Pam and a little butter spray. Hubby and I both thought it was very good, and I will definitely make this again!"
"When I first found this recipe I had already thawed pork chops, so I thought, why not, and used the recipe to cook pork chops.Soooo very good. Moist and delicious!! Froze leftovers, and baked at a later date, and they were still just as moist and delicious as the first time.Just made the recipe with chicken breasts for my two grandsons aged six and ten, both loved it and gobbled it up.Thanks so much, this is a keeper."
"This was excellent!! My kids put a little of Alfredo sauce from a jar on it. With that, it was as good as a dish from Olive Garden!"
"Moist and so yummy. This is about my 5 time making this in the past 3 months. Do away with Shake and bake."