Parmesan Asparagus Roll-Ups Recipe
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 sheets phyllo dough (18 inches x 14 inches)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1. Cut asparagus spears into 4-in. lengths (discard stalks or save for another use). In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Stack both sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface. Cut the stack in half lengthwise, then widthwise into thirds. Separate pieces and brush with some of the oil. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese. Place one asparagus spear along one side of each piece of phyllo dough. Sprinkle lightly with pepper; roll up tightly.
- 3. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with oil. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll-up equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Asparagus Roll-Ups
"I made a pan of these roll - ups for a family thing ....I took them out of the oven, put them on the table and moments later they were all gone!!! Yum yum."
"Used these as a side dish w/ a moderately spicy main dish; not sure if they would be a bit bland on their own as an appetizer. Might need some extra herbs/spices if being used by themselves."
"Great taste! I added Cream Cheese and they were wonderful! They certainly did not last long! Next time I will make more!"
"I've made this twice and guest's have loved it. Use thicker asparagus as they are easier to roll. I leave a 1/4 inch space at bottom edge so when you roll it it will seal better."
"Great recipe . . . enjoy, as we did. Nice low salt appetizer for Easter.ThxLoretta"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.