Fancy-looking and festive, these bites make the most of fresh asparagus and crispy phyllo dough. Watch them start conversations...and appetites! Eleanor Froehlich - Rochester, Michigan
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 sheets phyllo dough (18 inches x 14 inches)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- Cut asparagus spears into 4-in. lengths (discard stalks or save for another use). In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Stack both sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface. Cut the stack in half lengthwise, then widthwise into thirds. Separate pieces and brush with some of the oil. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese. Place one asparagus spear along one side of each piece of phyllo dough. Sprinkle lightly with pepper; roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with oil. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Asparagus Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Asparagus Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review