"This delicious recipe will turn anyone into an asparagus lover," promises Sarah Porter of Pagosa Springs, Colorado. "My husband used to turn up his nose at asparagus. Now he asks me to make this dish! It's perfect with pork or poultry."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 medium fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brush asparagus spears with oil; place on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 6 minutes; turn
- asparagus. Bake 6 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; sprinkle over asparagus.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 spears equals 116 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.