Parmesan Appetizer Puffs
Fresh-from-the-oven appetizers are always well-received at parties. The flaky, rich pastry holds a savory olive filling.Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
36 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped green onions, fresh mushrooms and ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in sour cream until a dough forms. Divide dough into fourths.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to
- Combine the cheese, onions, mushrooms and olives. On a floured
- surface, roll one portion of dough into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle.
- Sprinkle a fourth of the cheese mixture over half of the dough; fold
- dough in half to form a 6-in. square. Cut into 2-in. squares; press
- edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Place squares 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium,