Parmesan Appetizer Puffs Recipe
Fresh-from-the-oven appetizers are always well-received at parties. The flaky, rich pastry holds a savory olive filling.Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped green onions, fresh mushrooms and ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream until a dough forms. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Combine the cheese, onions, mushrooms and olives. On a floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Sprinkle a fourth of the cheese mixture over half of the dough; fold dough in half to form a 6-in. square. Cut into 2-in. squares; press edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Place squares 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Appetizer Puffs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p184
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Appetizer Puffs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >