Parmesan, Walnut & Arugula Baskets Recipe
Want to impress your guests? Serve up salad in crispy Parmesan baskets and just watch the reaction!—Anna Maria Wharton, Staten Island, New York
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups fresh arugula or spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon walnuts over the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 seconds.
- 2. Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese mixture and immediately drape over an inverted glass with a 2-in.-diameter bottom; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese and walnuts, forming five more baskets.
- 3. For salad, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, grapes and walnuts. Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over arugula mixture; toss to coat. Place 1/2 cup salad in each basket. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 147 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC