- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups fresh arugula or spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon walnuts over the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese mixture and immediately drape over an inverted glass with a 2-in.-diameter bottom; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese and walnuts, forming five more baskets.
- For salad, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, grapes and walnuts. Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over arugula mixture; toss to coat. Place 1/2 cup salad in each basket. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan, Walnut & Arugula Baskets
"These are tasty and beautiful. I followed the recipe exactly only I draped the parmesan over my jumbo muffin tins I had turned upside down. It worked perfectly. The second time I made them I didn't use the walnuts-per my husband's request and he preferred them this way. Either way it is a delicious salad in a pretty and tasty bowl."
"They were awesome. I used pecans instead of walnuts and added raspberries. Great presentation!"
"For each basket, increase to 5 tablespoons shredded parmesan and 2 teaspoons finely chopped walnuts .... works perfectly for small salad."
"I have to say the flavor of the parmesan "basket" was fabo! but, the preparation of it was a failure. I made 2 'baskets' following the directions. One was flat and the other so small you couldn't put a salad in it. Three tablespoons of cheese didn't make a big enough circle to form a large enough basket for the salad AND the cheese didn't spread out very well when melting. The salad - simple but great!"