Want to impress your guests? Serve up salad in crispy Parmesan baskets and just watch the reaction!—Anna Maria Wharton, Staten Island, New York
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups fresh arugula or spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon walnuts over the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese mixture and immediately drape over an inverted glass with a 2-in.-diameter bottom; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese and walnuts, forming five more baskets.
- For salad, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, grapes and walnuts. Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over arugula mixture; toss to coat. Place 1/2 cup salad in each basket. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan, Walnut & Arugula Baskets in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p30
Reviews for Parmesan, Walnut & Arugula Baskets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review