Parmesan & Chive Biscuits Recipe
“I’m an emergency room doctor, and in my free time, I love to create new recipes like this one,” says Sonali Ruder of New York, New York. “I hope you enjoy these tender, flaky biscuits as much as my husband and I do!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons egg; set aside. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk mixture just until moistened. Stir in chives. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining egg and water; brush over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 147 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC