“I’m an emergency room doctor, and in my free time, I love to create new recipes like this one,” says Sonali Ruder of New York, New York. “I hope you enjoy these tender, flaky biscuits as much as my husband and I do!”
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Bread Recipes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons egg; set aside. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk mixture just until moistened. Stir in chives. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining egg and water; brush over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Originally published as Parmesan & Chive Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p24
Reviews for Parmesan & Chive Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review