- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 eggs
- 6-3/4 to 7-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the shortening, sugar and salt. Stir in boiling water. Cool to 110°-115°. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add yeast mixture, eggs and 3 cups flour to shortening mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Fold circles in half; press edges to seal. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush with butter. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Parker House Dinner Rolls
Sort By :
"This is now our favorite dinner roll! They are soft and delicious. I did not roll mine out, though. I shaped them into balls and placed them in 9inch round baking pans. They turned out perfect."
"I have a question about step #3. Do you really fold the cut out circle in half and seal the edges? The picture make them look round."
"Good dinner rolls."
"These are FABULOUS!"