Parker House Cornmeal Biscuits
There's just enough cornmeal in these tender little biscuits to give them a lovely golden color, a delicate, buttery flavor and a subtle crunch. —Katrina Rivera, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder
- and salt. Combine the egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Roll out to
- 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; fold
- dough over and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.