Parisian Chicken Bites
When a friend of mine returned from a trip to Paris, she raved about the food she had and described one of her favorite meals. It inspired me to create a similar hors d’oeuvre.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute
- chicken and fennel in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add green
- onion and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the apple, pecans, parsley and lime juice.
- Stir in chicken mixture; spoon into endive leaves.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in