Parisian Chicken Bites Recipe
When a friend of mine returned from a trip to Paris, she raved about the food she had and described one of her favorite meals. It inspired me to create a similar hors d’oeuvre.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and fennel in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add green onion and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the apple, pecans, parsley and lime juice. Stir in chicken mixture; spoon into endive leaves.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit and vinegar. Drizzle over appetizers. Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC