“I’ve had the recipe for these sweet peanut butter parfaits for years,” recalls Renae Rossow of Union, Kentucky. “They're yummy! You can vary the amount of peanut butter to suit your tastes."
Featured In: Favorite Back-to-School Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3/4 cup whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter until coarse crumbs form. Press 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into each of four parfait glasses. Spoon about 2 tablespoons peanut butter mixture over crumbs; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping and chocolate chips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Delights in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p17
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2011
"I made this for a ladies night in small fruit cups (only 1 layer). It turned out awesome and was a big hit. Yum!"