Paradise Rice Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, Italian dressing, orange peel, honey and salt. Add rice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, add the spinach, oranges, celery and almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 171 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.