Esther Conrad of Overland Park, Kansas tossed together this satisfying salad starring rice and other healthy ingredients such as spinach, almonds and oranges. "A little citrus makes this a fruitful change of pace from plain lettuce and dressing," she confirms.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, Italian dressing, orange peel, honey and salt. Add rice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, add the spinach, oranges, celery and almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Paradise Rice Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p61
Reviews for Paradise Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review