Paradise Rice Salad Recipe
Esther Conrad of Overland Park, Kansas tossed together this satisfying salad starring rice and other healthy ingredients such as spinach, almonds and oranges. "A little citrus makes this a fruitful change of pace from plain lettuce and dressing," she confirms.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, Italian dressing, orange peel, honey and salt. Add rice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, add the spinach, oranges, celery and almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Paradise Rice Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p61
Reviews for Paradise Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review