Paradise Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Whenever I take this pie to a holiday party, potluck supper or bake sale, I take along copies of the recipe, too—I'm sure to be asked for it. With the pie's very rich taste, even a sliver is satisfying!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 65 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Add egg; beat until smooth. Spread over bottom of pie shell. Chill 30 minutes. In a bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Carefully pour over the cream cheese layer. Cover edge of pie with foil. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25 minutes longer. Meanwhile, mix flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 10-15 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 466 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC