Paradise Pudding Recipe
This recipe (like dumplings and sauce all in one!) was handed down from my husband's grandmother. It reminds my father of the delicious plum puddings he loved to eat as a little boy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, bring water and brown sugar to a boil. Meanwhile, combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl. Drop by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Do not lift lid. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 225 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC