This recipe (like dumplings and sauce all in one!) was handed down from my husband's grandmother. It reminds my father of the delicious plum puddings he loved to eat as a little boy.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, bring water and brown sugar to a boil. Meanwhile, combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl. Drop by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Do not lift lid. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Paradise Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p72
Reviews for Paradise Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review