Paradise Pudding Recipe
This recipe (like dumplings and sauce all in one!) was handed down from my husband's grandmother. It reminds my father of the delicious plum puddings he loved to eat as a little boy.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, bring water and brown sugar to a boil. Meanwhile, combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl. Drop by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Do not lift lid. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Paradise Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p72
Reviews for Paradise Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review