I depend on pudding and chopped fruit for dessert. My parfait, for instance, give fresh fruit, vanilla pudding and crunchy nuts a fun twist with cookie crumbs and coconuts.Lee Ann Odell, Erie , Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 16 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, divided
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in
- extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Refrigerate for
- 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely crush 12 wafers; set aside. In parfait glasses,
- layer banana slices, half of the cookie crumbs, half of the walnuts
- and pudding and all of the strawberries. Top with the remaining
- cookie crumbs and pudding, all of the grapes and remaining nuts.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and a whole vanilla wafer. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One parfait equals 313 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium,