Paradise Parfaits Recipe
I depend on pudding and chopped fruit for dessert. My parfait, for instance, give fresh fruit, vanilla pudding and crunchy nuts a fun twist with cookie crumbs and coconuts.—Lee Ann Odell, Erie , Colorado
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 16 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, divided
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, coarsely crush 12 wafers; set aside. In parfait glasses, layer banana slices, half of the cookie crumbs, half of the walnuts and pudding and all of the strawberries. Top with the remaining cookie crumbs and pudding, all of the grapes and remaining nuts. Garnish with toasted coconut and a whole vanilla wafer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 313 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Paradise Parfaits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC