Paradise Buns Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup each diced mushrooms, broccoli and sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Divide bread dough into eight pieces. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, vegetables, garlic and garlic powder. Roll each piece of dough into an 8-in. rope. Roll in cheese mixture, pressing mixture into dough. Tie into a knot and press vegetables into dough; tuck ends under.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
One bun (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 198 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.