"I think frozen bread dough should be called magic dough because there is so much you can do with it," says Liz Lazenby of Victoria, British Columbia. "These flavorful knots are delicious with soup...or use them for sandwiched or burgers."
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup each diced mushrooms, broccoli and sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Divide bread dough into eight pieces. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, vegetables, garlic and garlic powder. Roll each piece of dough into an 8-in. rope. Roll in cheese mixture, pressing mixture into dough. Tie into a knot and press vegetables into dough; tuck ends under.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Paradise Buns in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p21
Reviews for Paradise Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review