- skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until pork
- is tender.
- Meanwhile, for dumplings, bring water to a boil in a large kettle.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, eggs, parsley and salt. Stir in
- flour and baking powder until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn dough
- onto a floured surface. With floured hands, shape dough into
- 1-3/4-in. balls; gently drop into boiling water. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until dumplings are tender but firm.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- Remove pork to the platter; cover and keep warm. Stir sour cream into
- pan juices; heat through but do not boil. Pour over dumplings and
- pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 513 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 2,140 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer