Paprika Pork with Dumplings Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 pork steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 quarts water
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Combine flour and salt; coat pork. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil for 8 minutes per side. Remove pork and set aside. Saute onions in pan drippings for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved flour mixture. Gradually stir in water, bouillon and paprika; bring to a boil. Return pork to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dumplings, bring water to a boil in a large kettle.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine hash browns, eggs, parsley and salt. Stir in flour and baking powder until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface. With floured hands, shape dough into 1-3/4-in. balls; gently drop into boiling water. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until dumplings are tender but firm. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- 4. Remove pork to the platter; cover and keep warm. Stir sour cream into pan juices; heat through but do not boil. Pour over dumplings and pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 513 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 2140mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Paprika Pork with Dumplings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer