- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 pork steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 quarts water
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine flour and salt; coat pork. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil for 8 minutes per side. Remove pork and set aside. Saute onions in pan drippings for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved flour mixture. Gradually stir in water, bouillon and paprika; bring to a boil. Return pork to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Meanwhile, for dumplings, bring water to a boil in a large kettle.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, eggs, parsley and salt. Stir in flour and baking powder until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface. With floured hands, shape dough into 1-3/4-in. balls; gently drop into boiling water. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until dumplings are tender but firm. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- Remove pork to the platter; cover and keep warm. Stir sour cream into pan juices; heat through but do not boil. Pour over dumplings and pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Paprika Pork with Dumplings in Country Pork 1996, p51
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Paprika Pork with Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review