Paprika Onion Bread
"Paprika adds both color and flavor to this aromatic onion bread that's delicious spread with cream cheese," writes Jackie Robbins of Flint, Michigan. "My family likes it served with goulash."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 92 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.