Paprika Onion Bread Recipe
"Paprika adds both color and flavor to this aromatic onion bread that's delicious spread with cream cheese," writes Jackie Robbins of Flint, Michigan. "My family likes it served with goulash."
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Paprika Onion Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p35
Reviews for Paprika Onion Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2008
**HOW DO I?** The picture of this bread looks delicious. Since I don't have a bread machine, how can I convert this recipe to make bread the old fashioned way? Thank you for your help. **Sincerely, Joscey**